The American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) Houston Section, in collaboration with the Human Systems Integration (HSI) Employee Resource Group, is proud to host the 2017 Annual Technical Symposium (ATS) on Friday, May 5, at 8 a.m. at the Gilruth Center. Come hear presenters discuss their work while networking with others in the AIAA and HSI community.
It’s $20 for AIAA members and $25 for non-AIAA members.
A lunch buffet is included in the registration cost. Continental breakfast (including coffee) will be provided in the Gilruth Alamo Ballroom during registration.
Engineers as Educators Workshop
The Engineers as Educators Workshop will teach you to inspire students about the marvels of aerospace engineering. Share your passion in a manner students can relate to. Register now for the Engineers as Educators Workshop, and you’ll walk away armed with the tools to help plan and execute powerful experiences and excite the next generation of engineers. This event will be during the AIAA Annual Technical Symposium, but needs to be registered for separately on the registration Web page. It is a FREE event, and symposium registration is not required.
Register for one or both events on the event page or the Eventbrite page.
THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF AERONAUTICS AND ASTRONAUTICS (AIAA) AND THE AIAA SPACE SYSTEMS TECHNICAL COMMITTEEINVITE YOU TO PARTICIPATE IN A
National Annual Essay Contest for students in Seventh and Eighth Grade through AIAA Sections
Choose one of the aspects of the Juno spacecraft listed on the webpage below. Describe how it works and why it helps discovery at Jupiter. (https://www.missionjuno.swri.edu/spacecraft/juno-spacecraft)
- Double-spaced, typewritten (size 12 font) essay, in 1,000 words or less
- Student name, teacher name, grade, and school name must be written in the top right hand corner of the essay
- Include student and teacher name, phone, e-mail, and mailing address for notification and awards
- March 15, 2017: Submit papers to Jennifer Wells
- March 31, 2017: Deadline for submitting local section winners to SSTC
- April 15, 2017: Deadline for SSTC review and scoring
- April 17, 2017: SSTC Announcement of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners to schools/students/SSTC
- May 1, 2017: Mail awards, etc. to winning schools and students (or ASAP before Summer Break)
- Aerospace America to announce winners in the September 2017 issue.
See the poster for additional requirements.