Friday, May 17, 2013
NASA/JSC Gilruth Center
08:00 – Registration $15 (all day)
08:15 – Keynote speaker – Anousheh Ansari, Jemison Group
09:00 – Morning Sessions
12:00 – Luncheon – Panel with Scott Kelly, Mike Fossum, Richard Phillips, Jack Bacon, Art Dula, Paul Spudis, Beth Fischer, Franklin Chang Diaz, Anousheh Ansari
13:30 – Afternoon Sessions
See the 2013 program (PDF).
Keynote speaker and luncheon panelists biographies (PDF).
- Session A-1: Aero / Astro
- Session A-2: Propulsion
- On-Orbit Propulsion System Performance of ISS Visiting Vehicles (Microsoft PowerPoint) – Mary Regina M. Martin
- Session B-1: Aerosciences
- The Latest Developments in the X51A and X37B (Open Office Presentation) – John M. Dilorio
- Orion Program EFT-1 Status (Microsoft PowerPoint) – Blaine Brown
- Economics of Asteroid Mining (Microsoft PowerPoint) – Shen Ge
- Session B-2: EVA (Extra-Vehicular Activity)
- Sessions A-3 and B-3: Guidance, Navigation, & Control
- Enhanced Optimal Control for Uncertain Spacecraft Tracking Problem (PDF) – Ahmad Bani-Younes (A-3.1)
- Attitude Error Kinematics: Applications in Optimal Control of Dynamical Systems (PDF) – Ahmad Bani-Younes (Presentation B-3.1)
- New Approach for Real-Time Inertia Estimation (PDF) – Donghoon Kim (Presentation B-3.2)
- B-3.3: These presentation charts will not be provided for our web site. Please refer to other documents such as the program document containing the abstract.
- Session C-1: C & T (Communications & Tracking)
- Session C-2: Skylab’s 40th Anniversary
- Session C-3: Climate Change
- The Essential Story of Climate Change (PDF) – Dr. John W. Nielsen-Gammon filling in for Dr. Gerald R. North (Presentation C-3.1)
- Climate Change, Climate Variability, and Extreme Events (PDF) – Dr. John W. Nielsen-Gammon (Presentation C-3.2)
- Audio file: This file is 36 MB and its duration is one hour and twelve minutes. This is the audio for both of the above presentations by Dr. John Nielsen-Gammon. It was recorded on an iPad 1 using an Apple app store app named Voice Recorder. Its format is MPEG-4 (filename.m4a). It starts just a few seconds after Nielsen-Gammon starts talking. It ends with climate change session chair and track organizer Douglas Yazell thanking the speaker and presenting a speaker gift.
- Session D-1: Automation
- An Optimized Neural Network Approach for Rapid Aircraft and Spacecraft Venting Predictions (PDF) – Dr. Patrick E. Rodi
- Aircraft/Spacecraft Mass Distribution Optimization Using Genetic Algorithms (PDF) – Dr. Patrick E. Rodi
- Session D-2: Space History and Education
- D-2.1: No charts provided (yet?).
- D-2.2: No charts provided (yet?). (Horizons and the Collier’s series Man Will Conquer Space Soon! by Dr. Albert A. Jackson IV and Douglas Yazell.)
- Space Educational Module (Microsoft PowerPoint) – Shen Ge (Presentation D-2.3)
- Session D-3: Risk Analysis
- PRA and Conceptual Design (Microsoft PowerPoint) – Bryan Fuqua
- PRA: Participation vs. Validation (Microsoft PowerPoint) – Rick Banke
- HRA Aerospace Challenges (Microsoft PowerPoint) – Diana DeMott
- Session 4 (A, B, C & D): Systems Engineering (INCOSE: International Council on Systems Engineering)
See the Early Warning Flyer (PDF), Poster (PDF), and Call for Abstracts (PDF).