THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF AERONAUTICS AND ASTRONAUTICS (AIAA) AND THE AIAA SPACE SYSTEMS TECHNICAL COMMITTEEINVITE YOU TO PARTICIPATE IN A
National Annual Essay Contest for students in Seventh and Eighth Grade through AIAA Sections
Choose one of the aspects of the Juno spacecraft listed on the webpage below. Describe how it works and why it helps discovery at Jupiter. (https://www.missionjuno.swri.edu/spacecraft/juno-spacecraft)
- Double-spaced, typewritten (size 12 font) essay, in 1,000 words or less
- Student name, teacher name, grade, and school name must be written in the top right hand corner of the essay
- Include student and teacher name, phone, e-mail, and mailing address for notification and awards
- March 15, 2017: Submit papers to Jennifer Wells
- March 31, 2017: Deadline for submitting local section winners to SSTC
- April 15, 2017: Deadline for SSTC review and scoring
- April 17, 2017: SSTC Announcement of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners to schools/students/SSTC
- May 1, 2017: Mail awards, etc. to winning schools and students (or ASAP before Summer Break)
- Aerospace America to announce winners in the September 2017 issue.
See the poster for additional requirements.